Who is Eligible?
People who have a connection to UW–Madison, such as local artists, employees, instructors, students, and family or friends of employees may apply.
Art is displayed in the hallway for 6 week–2 month periods.
Artwork Image Requirements
- Submit one digital image per artwork.
- The digital images you submit must be of the actual artworks you propose to display.
- Images must be in proper orientation for viewing on a computer (upright on monitor).
- Resolution: 72 dpi
- Format: .jpg
There are 4 wall display sections in the public corridors on the 5th floor of the building.
- 20 ft x 8 ft
- 20 ft x 8 ft
- 10 ft x 8 ft
- 8 ft x 8 ft
Wall Mounting System
- A hanging wire is required on all artwork.
- Each hanger has a weight limit of 50 lbs; limit of 150 lbs per 8 foot wall length.
- Maximum wall space height for hanging is approximately 6 feet.
There is no insurance provided. Artwork will be on display in a hallway with high foot traffic. You are encouraged to provide your own property insurance.
Any sales will be made directly between the artist and the buyer. No commission will be charged. All artwork must remain on display for the designated period, with sales finalized after the show.
Review and Selection
The Art Committee will review all submissions. The Art Committee reserves the right to refuse any works submitted. The Art Committee will electronically notify each applicant if their proposal was accepted (or not) within 6 weeks after deadline.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of Human Resources
21 N. Park Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53715