SilverCloud is an online, self-guided, interactive resource that provides UW–Madison faculty and staff with no-cost, confidential help for mental health issues and stress management program 24 hours a day.
SilverCloud offers self-guided exercises to help employees change beliefs and behaviors so they are thinking and feeling better. SilverCloud’s evidence-based learning modules address:
- Body image
More about Online Therapy
Studies have shown that online cognitive behavioral therapy can provide an effective form of care for those who are highly motivated and experiencing mild to moderate symptoms. The program can supplement traditional therapy or visits to the Employee Assistance Office (EAO) at UW–Madison, while some individuals may use it without seeing a counselor at all.
- Interactive learning modules
- Informational quizzes
- Facts and quizzes about mental health
- Secure online journaling
Although SilverCloud is not designed to replace in-person mental health treatment for complex concerns, it is a time-flexible option that may be effective for employees who experience mild to moderate symptoms. Each module lasts an average of 40 minutes and automatically saves progress, so the modules can be completed at the clients’ convenience. A referral from a mental health or medical professional is not required to use this free online service.
Most SilverCloud modules are interactive and consist of seven parts:
- Introduction: This introductory video helps clients decide if the module they selected is a good fit.
- Questionnaire: These guiding questions help gauge clients’ symptoms and structure their mindset for the rest of the module.
- Main Content: These pages display the most important information and activities about the topic.
- Personal Testaments: Personal stories based on real-life people, clinical knowledge, and experiences.
- Tools: Activities to help reinforce the information clients learned throughout the module.
- “Staying in the Present”: Many of the module topics discuss living in the past or thinking about the future. This activity helps to bring the user back to the present moment.
- Review: Clients are encouraged to reflect, set goals, and transition the information and skills they learned in the module to their day-to-day life.
All videos throughout the modules include closed captioning and complete transcripts.