- Conflict Resolution – Assist in resolving problems and conflicts before they escalate to formal grievances or corrective action.
- Corrective Action Administration – Serve as objective consultants to divisions regarding the elements of just cause and due process in determining potential corrective action.
- Employment Practices – Provide guidance on key employment practices to ensure a healthy work environment and reduce likelihood of grievances or litigation.
- Grievance/Appeals – Serve as objective hearing officers in matters involving employee grievances and represent management in appeals before various tribunals.
- Investigations – Assist divisions in conducting objective and thorough investigations. Team members conduct objective and thorough investigations of employee complaints and grievances.
- Labor Relations – Administer and provide guidance to the university related to labor union activities.
- Layoffs and Non-Renewals – Provide guidance to managers and human resource professionals regarding the University policies and practices surrounding layoffs and non-renewals.
- Leave – Provide guidance to the university regarding compliance with applicable leave policies including sick leave, Federal and Wisconsin Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA/WFMLA), leaves without pay and other university, federal, state and local leave laws.
- Performance Management – Assist managers and human resource professionals in establishing performance expectations and accountability to ensure productive employees and work environments.
- Policy Interpretation – Provide guidance on and development of university policies and procedures.
7:45 am–4:30 pm
Phone, Fax, and Email
Office of Human Resources
University of Wisconsin–Madison
21 N. Park Street, Suite 5101
Madison, Wisconsin 53715