Accident Insurance provides a cash payment to help pay out-of-pocket expenses in the event of an accident for you or eligible family members. The plan also includes an accidental death & dismemberment benefit.
In addition to benefits payable for accidents, this plan provides the following components:
- Benefits for accidental death and dismemberment. ($100,000 for Employee, $50,000 Spouse, $25,000 Child(ren))
- Benefits for covered injuries including support care.
- More than one benefit payment may be payable for a single covered accident.
- Continuation of group policy coverage at the end of employment.
- Identity theft services from Generali Global Assistance. Services include identity theft education and personalized resolution resources. See the Identity Theft flyer.
You are eligible for this benefit if you are eligible for State Group Health Insurance as an active employee.
Note: If you and your spouse are both eligible for this plan as UW System/State of Wisconsin employees, you and your spouse should each enroll for employee coverage to ensure you receive the maximum accidental death & dismemberment benefit available under the plan. You and your spouse may only be covered as an employee OR a dependent—not both. This rule also applies to your eligible children; they may be covered as dependents on one plan—not both.
You have 30 days from the date your employment begins to enroll. You may also apply for coverage within 30 days of certain life events.