You must meet all of the following requirements to enroll in this plan:
- Covered by the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
- Under age 70 at the time of initial enrollment
- Not receiving a WRS annuity
- University Staff have 30 days from the date employment begins to enroll.
- Faculty, Academic Staff, and Limited Appointees have 30 days from the date employment begins or 60 days from the date 12 months of WRS service has been completed.
- If you do not enroll in ICI when you are initially eligible, you may have an opportunity to enroll once your sick leave balance reaches certain levels. You will be notified of your eligibility for a deferred enrollment.
- You may also apply for coverage at any time through Evidence of Insurability (approval is not guaranteed).
- Standard ICI covers earnings up to $64,000.
- Supplemental ICI covers earnings from $64,000.01 to $120,000.