Monthly Premiums and Coverage Levels
(as of January 1)
|Employee||Spouse / Domestic Partner
(based on employee’s age)
|27 or less||$0.12||$0.23||$0.35||$0.46||$0.18||$0.36|
|Benefit Amount||Monthly Premium|
For premiums use the Individual & Family Life Insurance Premium Calculator.
The Employer does not contribute towards the premium.
You must meet the following requirements to enroll in this plan:
- Eligible for State Group Health Insurance
- Not receiving a Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) annuity
If an employee and their spouse/domestic partner are both eligible for this plan, the employee and their spouse/domestic partner may only be covered as an employee or a dependent—not both. This rule also applies to eligible children who are also eligible for this plan as an employee. Lastly, only one employee-parent in a family may carry children’s insurance.
- You have 30 days from the date employment begins to enroll
- Coverage begins on the first day of the month following 30 days from the date of hire
- You may also apply for coverage at any time through Evidence of Insurability (acceptance is not guaranteed)
- You may decrease or cancel coverage at any time
|Coverage Type||Initial Enrollment Coverage Levels||Maximum Coverage Level|
|Spouse / Domestic Partner||$5,000
The amount of Spouse/Domestic Partner and Child(ren) coverage may never exceed the amount of employee coverage in effect.
Employees must enroll in Employee coverage in order to enroll in Spouse/Domestic Partner and/or Child coverage.
- An annual opportunity to increase coverage level.
- If you are terminally ill with a life expectancy of 12 months or less, you may receive up to the full amount of your coverage prior to your death. This living benefit is also available for an insured spouse/domestic partners and child(ren).
- Conversion to an individual policy at the end of employment.
- Premiums may be waived to age 65 if you become totally disabled prior to age 60.