2021 Monthly Premiums and Coverage Levels
|Age as of January 1||Benefit Amount||Premium|
|65 and over||$7,000||$2.26|
The employer does not contribute to the premium.
You must meet the following requirements to enroll in this plan:
- Eligible for State Group Health Insurance
- Not receiving a Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) annuity
- You have 30 days from the date employment begins to enroll
- Coverage begins on the first day of the month following 30 days from the date of hire
- You may apply for coverage at any time through Evidence of Insurability (acceptance is not guaranteed)
- You may cancel coverage at any time
- If you are terminally ill with a life expectancy of 12 months or less, you may receive up to the full amount of your coverage prior to your death.
- Conversion to an individual policy at the end of employment.