If you are a UW–Madison employee and new (within your first 30 days) to benefits under the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS), this session is for you!
What is Benefits 101?
The session provides new WRS employees with important information, such as:
- How to enroll in new employee insurance benefits
- What is the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)?
- State Group Health plan options (what insurance will cost you, how it will work)
- Income Continuation Insurance (ICI), a type of disability insurance
- Brief overviews of supplemental plans (dental, vision, life, and accident insurance, flexible spending accounts, and the 403b and 457b retirement plans)
Note: If you are not under the WRS but are instead eligible for insurance through the UW’s Graduate Assistant/Short-Term Academic Staff benefits program, your plan information may differ.
When should I attend Benefits 101?
Your elections and waiver applications for health, dental, vision, and other insurance benefits must be received within your 30-day new enrollment period. You should attend Benefits 101 or review its information before your enrollment period expires.
Choose from available live Webex sessions. On the day of the session, you can access the session online using your computer, the Webex smartphone app, or by calling in.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if the session you want to attend is full.
Contact UW–Madison Benefits Services at email@example.com.
Unable to attend?
If you are unable to attend a Benefits 101 session within your first 30 days, please use the benefits resources on this website, watch the recorded video of Benefits 101, and use our online counselor, ALEX.
Your completed insurance enrollment applications or opt-out/waiver forms must be received within your initial 30-day enrollment period.