If you transfer to UW within 30 days of terminating another State of Wisconsin employer, the benefits you previously held should continue (unless it is not offered at UW). In order for this to occur, you must submit application forms to retain the same plans and coverage levels. Your previous agency will also submit a Personnel Transfer Record to UW.
Transfers are required to complete the following application(s) to continue benefits, electing the same benefits (with a few exceptions noted below) within 30 days of their transfer date:
- State Group Health Application – If you moved to a new county (during transfer process), you may change your health network by completing and submitting a State Group Health Insurance Application within 30 days of the move.
- State Group Life Insurance Application
- Income Continuation Insurance Application – If moving into an Academic Staff/Faculty/Limited position you may choose any elimination period.
- Supplemental Dental
- VSP Vision Application
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account Application
- Accident Plan
Transfers are eligible, but not required, to enroll in the following UW–Madison benefit opportunities within 30 days of transfer date:
Transfers are eligible, but not required, to enroll in the following plans. These plans can be enrolled in at any time:
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Application
- Wisconsin Deferred Compensation (WDC)
- UW 403(b) Supplemental Retirement Program (SRP)
You should return your completed application forms to your HR contact. You should request a copy of your signed-in forms for your personal records.