University of Wisconsin–Madison

Transfer to a Different UW System Institution

If you transfer from UW-Madison to another UW System institution

Your benefits will automatically transfer with you – the UW System is considered one employer. Your leave balances will transfer with you, with the possible exception of vacation carryover, banked leave or ALRA hours. These hours may or may not be accepted by the new institution. If the hours don’t transfer to the new institution, they will be paid out to you before you transfer.

If you change employment category

Refer to Change from UVS to FAASLI or Change from FAASLI to UVS. University Staff are paid on a biweekly basis and Faculty, Academic Staff or Limited (FAASLI) appointees are paid on a monthly basis.

If you move due to a transfer

Contact HR for information about changing your health plan and/or your Dependent Day Care FSA and how to update your address with the benefit plans.