If you move from a University Staff (US) position to a Faculty, Academic Staff, or Limited (FAASLI) appointment, your benefits, leave accruals, and payroll schedule will change. See the Benefits Summary for details about all benefits and leave available to you.
As a FAASLI appointee you will:
- Be paid every other Thursday for the prior two week period (refer to Pay Schedule)
- Be credited WRS contributions and service on a fiscal year basis
- Accumulate leave benefits on a fiscal year basis
- All benefit deductions will be taken from your monthly paycheck.
Visit the Forms & Resources Page for all plan applications, forms and brochures.
The following plans are not affected by your appointment change and will continue automatically:
- State Group Health Insurance
- Supplemental Dental Insurance (Delta Dental)
- DeltaVision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- State Group Life Insurance
- Individual & Family Life Insurance
- UW Employees, Inc. Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- UW 403(b) Supplemental Retirement Program (SRP)
- Wisconsin Deferred Compensation (WDC)
Completed application(s) must be submitted within 30 days of the date of change. Applications are required for all benefits that are being updated/changed.
You should review and update your Beneficiary Designation(s) with each Qualifying Life Event.
University Insurance Association (UIA) Life Insurance
- You will automatically be enrolled for coverage effective the following January 1 if you meet the eligibility requirements. No application is required.
- You should complete a beneficiary form.
Income Continuation Insurance
- If currently enrolled, you must complete an application within 30 days of your appointment change to continue your coverage and select an elimination period.
- Your premiums will be based on your salary and selected elimination period.
- If not currently enrolled, please contact HR within 30 days of your appointment change to determine if/when you are eligible to enroll.
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
- WRS contributions and creditable service for FAASLI appointees are reported on a fiscal-year basis, as opposed to a calendar-year basis.
- To receive one year of WRS creditable service, FAASLI appointees must work 1,320 hours in a fiscal year.
- WRS contributions are based on a percentage of your income. If your income changes, the amount of your WRS contribution will also change.