As a manager/supervisor, retaining employees and attracting top talent is critical to achieving the university’s mission and to the success of your team. Explore the resources below to support employees through compensation-related best practices.
- Retaining Employees through Total RewardsThis 10-minute online module provides an overview of total rewards in order to help managers and supervisors generate strategies to attract and retain employees through compensation, benefits, and well-being efforts.
- Pay ProgressionThis 20-minute online module offers an overview of pay progression. It will help supervisors and managers to determine pay increases, make pay recommendations, and communicate pay information to staff.
- Coaching Employees for Retention and Career DevelopmentThis facilitated course provides managers and supervisors with the skills to retain and develop employees through coaching.
- Title and Standard Job Description LibraryThis library has titles, salaries, and information for all jobs at UW–Madison.
- Standard Job Descriptions and Position DescriptionsThis 30-minute online module guides managers and supervisors through the process of using the Title and Standard Job Description Library and creating a position description when filling a position.
- Business Title GuidelinesAn overview of business title guidelines and requirements to provide clarification on job duties in a specified program area.
- Salary Administration Guidelines (SAG)Guidelines for administering salaries at the university to ensure consistency in salary decisions and adjustments.