Promoting Well-being at Work
There are many ways that you, as a UW–Madison employee, can support well-being in yourself and others. We encourage you to engage with the well-being initiatives on campus.
Living a Healthy Life
Maintain or improve your well-being with the help of the resources available to you at UW–Madison.
Maintaining Financial Well-being
Establish a strong financial foundation and minimize financial stress with the help of financial management tools and resources. Benefits programs for UW employees are designed to help you save for college education and retirement.
- Develop a financial plan
- Plan for your retirement
- Save for college education
- Bring financial education to your department or work unit from UW Credit Union or Summit Credit Union
Developing Personally and Professionally
UW–Madison offers a variety of resources to help you develop new skills, identify opportunities for personal growth, and manage your career.
- Professional development courses, programs, and conferences are offered on campus throughout the year.
- Career planning services are available at no cost and on a confidential basis to UW–Madison employees.
Focusing on Relationships
Strong relationships with family and friends contribute to individual well-being. UW–Madison offers benefits programs and on-site amenities to help you enjoy quality time with family members and others.
- Family First connects you to family-friendly activities on campus.
- The Office of Child Care and Family Resources provides on-site child care, family education and outreach, support and resources, lactation room locations, and consultations for mothers.
Connecting to Society and Community
Through stewardship of our community and our environment, we contribute to our own well-being and that of others. We can also embody The Wisconsin Idea, a guiding philosophy at UW–Madison.
- Volunteer opportunities are available to match every interest and lifestyle.
- The Volunteer Tutoring Program matches employees with tutors who provide one-on-one instruction.
- The Office of Sustainability at UW–Madison supports sustainable solutions to campus life, such as recycling, composting, and transportation.
- March 28
- March 29Bagel Wednesday at the Career Exploration CenterOccurs every Wednesday from March 22 - April 19 in 114 Ingraham9:00 AM
- March 29Jason SteinhauerPublic Works: How to Navigate New Media to Share Meaningful Histories12:00 PM, 126 Memorial Library