UW–Madison partners with third-party vendor HireRight to process criminal background checks (CBCs) and I-9 (employment eligibility) forms. Authorized users can order CBCs and initiate I-9 forms through the HireRight system.
- Complete the HireRight Authorization Form.
- Email the completed form to the OHR HR Compliance team.
- UW-Madison I-9 Compliance Training Slides
Training for the UW-Madison I-9 process including using the HireRight system created by the OHR HR Compliance team
- HireRight I-9 User Guide
Comprehensive user guide for the HireRight system created by HireRight
- UW-Madison I-9 Process Tool
Interactive tool to help you determine the appropriate steps for different I-9 scenarios created by the OHR HR Compliance team
- I-9 Central (US Citizenship and Immigration Services)
Homepage for I-9 information created by USCIS
- Handbook for Employers M-274 (US Citizenship and Immigration Services)
Employer-specific guidance created by USCIS
For questions about HireRight access, email the OHR HR Compliance team.
Office of Human Resources