UW–Madison uses the Job and Employee Management System (JEMS) to create person, position, and job transactions and track approvals and entry into the Human Resources System (HRS).
JEMS is split into two applications that each contain two functions.
JEMS PVL and Rate/Title Change
- PVL – used to create and manage Position Vacancy Listings (PVLs) to recruit open positions
- Rate/Title Change – used by HR to track Rate/Title changes for Faculty, Academic Staff, Limited Appointees, University Staff, and Temporary Employee positions
JEMS Hire and Job Change
- Hire – used to enter hires of all UW–Madison appointments (except Student Help) into HRS
- Job Change – used for divisions to track job changes for all employee types (except Student Help)
JEMS CHRIS and CHRIS-HR
- JEMS CHRIS and CHRIS-HR were previously used for some functions related to University Staff. Both of these applications have been decommissioned and necessary functionality was merged into the remaining two JEMS applications. Email the OHR JEMS Access team with any questions.
Access Instructions and Troubleshooting
Refer to the UWMSN – Job and Employment Management System (JEMS) – Access Instructions and Common Troubleshooting KB document for detailed information on launching JEMS from supported internet browsers and troubleshooting common JEMS issues.
Maintenance occurs on Sunday mornings from 4AM–8AM. All JEMS systems are unavailable during this time and users should not attempt to log in.