Updated June 1, 2020
In response to COVID-19 concerns and long-term budget impacts, UW–Madison Office of Human Resources (OHR) is providing guidance regarding recruitment processes including new and current searches, interviews, offers and new hires for Academic, Faculty, Limited, Temporary Employees, and University Staff. These provisions are in effect until UW–Madison can resume normal recruitment and hiring processes or new provisions are issued.
- Effective immediately, all new recruitments and waivers must be reviewed and approved by the Dean or Vice Chancellor responsible for the Division.
- Current recruitments may continue at the division’s discretion.
- Interviews should be conducted using a virtual platform rather than in-person
- Offers may only be extended if:
- Approved by the division’s leadership; and
- The division is able to onboard and train the employee under the current circumstances.*
- Offers for positions that have already been accepted can:
- Proceed as planned if the division is able to onboard and train the employee under the current circumstances*; or
- The start date can be delayed until the campus is able to resume normal operations.
* Additionally, I-9 Section 2 must be completed within the first three days of paid work.